Use the Background yab to add color or a graphic to the background of the table of contents.
To add color to the background of the table of contents, select from the color grid.
Note: Even though the table of contents may have a shade behind it while editing, it is actually not shaded. It appears shaded because it is a field and has the same shading that all fields have.
Adding a graphic
To add a graphic to the background of the table of contents:
- From the As drop-down list, select Graphic. The Background tab now displays the graphics options.
- Click the Browse button. The Find graphics dialog opens.
- Find the graphic file you want and then click the Open button. The selected graphic appears in the preview box on the right-hand side of the Background tab. (If you do not see the graphic, select the Preview checkbox.)
- To embed the graphic in your document, clear the Link checkbox. To link the graphic to the document but not embed it, select the Link checkbox.
- In the Type area of the Background tab, choose how you want the background graphic to appear:
- To position the graphic in a specific location, select Position and then click the desired location in the position grid.
- To stretch the graphic to fill the entire background area, select Area.
- To repeat the graphic across the entire background area, select Tile.
Deleting color or graphics
To delete color or graphics from the table background:
- From the As drop-down list, select Color.
- Click No Fill on the color grid.
This book is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, version 3.0.